Daniel Craig Residential Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and complying with The Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please review this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
Daniel Craig Residential is the data controller of your personal data and we will only collect information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our contact details are listed below.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Daniel Craig Residential collects only personal data which the user has chosen to supply through completing a contact form on our website, via email, over the phone or in person to our staff. This will comprise identity and contact information (including email account), financial data and transaction information relating to the property/properties you own or in which you are interested. We will also collect information from prospective tenants, guarantors, such as employment references, payslips, credit checks, previous landlord references and bank statements. No other personal data is collected by us.
When you complete and submit forms on our website (www.danielcraigresidential.co.uk) or associated websites (not restricted to) Right Move, or Zoopla, such as registration, contact or viewing/valuation request forms, or contact us via email or phone, then you may provide us with personal information. This information may include your name, address, phone number and email address, or your property search criteria.
You can easily opt-out or update your marketing preferences, at any time. These can be changed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or updating your ‘Marketing Preferences’ via any email we may have sent you.
- We do allow you to opt in or out of receiving News/Offers/ Weekly E-mails/ Update/Property Information/Property Matches and any details on properties that may be of interest to you
When you visit this website we may collect technical information from you such as your IP address, browser and version, along with analytic information about your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from the website and time spent on each page. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to personally identify you.
Where the provision of data is a statutory, a contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, a refusal to provide the data may mean that we are unable to provide you with our service. To ensure that we provide you with the best service possible we will need to collect and retain certain personal data
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you accept our Cookie notice. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- When you visit our website, we use Google Analytics performance cookies to collect information so that we can analyse how you use our website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works.
- You can delete existing cookies off your hard drive and choose to block new cookies from our website. You can find out how to do this by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- We do – use data to help us provide you with a great service and tailor the information.
- We do – respect your privacy and work hard to meet regulatory requirements
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- send you details of any properties that match your criteria
- notify you of any changes to our services which may affect you
- ensure that our website is presented in the most effective way for you and the device you are using to access it
- Update property information
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Verification during the application process of applicants and guarantors (where relevant) employment, credit status, UK Right to Rent Status and verification of identity.
- We don’t – sell your personal data to third parties
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with any members or subsidiaries of Daniel Craig Residential as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with the following third parties:
- business partners, affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Data will be stored on our property software system and internal server. We may retain paper copies of agreements, applications and referencing which will be stored in our property in a locked storage system.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; consequently, please note that we do not accept any responsibility for any risks in transmission of data (to the extent that such liability can be lawfully excluded). Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to opt-in to marketing and to subsequently ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can opt-in to marketing by checking certain boxes on appropriate forms which we use to collect your data. You can exercise the right to subsequently opt-out of marketing at any time by informing us of this by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to those third party websites.
Your rights, you have a right of access to check your personal data to verify the lawful basis of processing. We are obliged to respond to an access request within 30 days and may not charge a fee unless the request is unfounded, excessive or repetitive. If a fee is charged it is to be a reasonable fee based upon the administrative cost of providing the information. You have a right to rectification if the data we hold is either inaccurate or incomplete. If your data has been disclosed to third parties then we must inform them of the rectification, where possible. You have a right to erasure of your data when consent is our basis of processing (the right to be forgotten). You may request that your personal data be erased, for example, where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing or where you withdraw consent. We will comply with your request unless we have another basis of processing justifying our retaining the data (for example a legal requirement or the defence of a legal claim). You have some rights to ask us to restrict processing i.e. to block or supress processing where, for example, the data may be incorrect and whilst the accuracy is verified. We are permitted to store the data. Your right to object You do have a right to object to further processing of your personal data. We may be required to stop processing unless there is some other legitimate basis of processing such as a legitimate interest or a requirement for the exercise or defence of a legal claim.
We will only ever keep your data for as long as is necessary and information therein will be stored for the term of any agreement and for six years after the end of a tenancy/agreement. All paper data is destroyed safely and ethically.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal data. In order to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Town Hall Chambers
High Street East
Tyne and Wear
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
In partnership with: